Judge Barbier Stands Up for You
Judge Barbier and BP Appeals
Too often lately, people have questioned, are we at BPClaims.org associated with the DeepWater Horizon Settlement Fund because of our stance that the folks who run the fund, and the Judge are actually not in BP`s pockets, and are actually doing battle for you the people.
We aren`t, if you look at past posts we have blasted Feinberg, pointed out the errors of the new fund, specifically a processor we don`t hear much from these days, and aggressively pursue what we think is the TRUTH.
This is the TRUTH. The new leadership of the fund and the Judge are doing the next right thing on a regular basis. Is the system perfect, hell no, but people within the Fund and the Judge are doing their best to get you paid, as BP has tried their best to put up road blocks.
Their Latest road block has been putting BP Claims into Appeals.
Tonight The Judge put forth an Order to STOP that. Here is the important part.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
1. Upon the filing of an appeal pursuant to Section 188.8.131.52 of the Settlement Agreement, BP shall clearly and specifically designate in the Reason for Appeal section of its BP Portal that the appeal is based only on one or more of the legal issues previously decided by the Court and as referenced in this Court’s Order of April 9, 2013.
2. The required designations to be provided by BP shall use the following specific language regarding the three legal issues referenced in this Court’s prior rulings:
(a) “Contributions/Grant Revenue for Non-Profits issue;”
(b) “Alternative Causation issue;” or
(c) “Matching of Revenue and Expenses issue.”
3. For any appeals so designated, such appeals are hereby denied based on this Court’s prior rulings. The Claims Administrator is instructed to refrain from issuing the Notice of Appeal, which would otherwise trigger the further appeals process, and the Claims Administrator is to refrain from assigning such appeals to an Appeal Panel. The Claims Administrator is instructed to proceed with final processing of such claims and issuing payment in accord with the terms of the applicable Eligibility Notice.
Case 2:10-md-02179-CJB-SS Document 9538 Filed 04/24/13 Page 3 of 3
4. Processing of claims pursuant to this Order shall not constitute a waiver of any rights that BP may or may not have with respect to further review of the underlying legal issues.
Signed in New Orleans, Louisiana, this 24th day of April, 2013.
______________________________ CARL J. BARBIER
UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE
So What Does This Mean
It means the Judge is not going to let BP Appeal Claims, so they can stall paying you, when your claims meet the above requirements. This has been going on for awhile now, and it is BP`s latest stall tactic, and the Judge just took it away, by a court order.
It means faster pay outs, it shows what I have been trying to tell ya`ll for months, and it puts BP on notice, The DeepWater Horizon Settlement, and the people running the show are not to be trifled with, and they ALL have had enough.The fact is they want to pay you, and will, if your claim is prepared properly. The sad fact is, most are not.
BP needs to STOP with the gamesmanship, and start paying claims. Stall tactics through the Appeals system run by David Duval, that will only tax the resources of the Deepwater Horizon Settlement will not be tolerated.
How to Get Paid
Fill out the form to the right, and we will help you. We have the Best Groups in the Business GETTTING CLAIMS PAID and they work with us, and they can work with you. Whether your a business, an individual, a Law Firm or a CPA Firm, the Firms that are a part of our NETWORK are hands down, the best in the business, and they will help you, or your clients.
We can Help You with:
- Business Claims
- Individual Claims
- Appealed Claims
- Medical Claims
- Property Claims
- Denied Claims
- Old Claims from the GCCF
- Claims that need to be Appealed
It has been our intent from the beginning to do one thing, and that is to get you paid.
We have been here since the beginning, we know the pretenders and the performers. If you need HELP it is truly only a click away.
God Bless and Be Well.