Tag Archives: bp oil spill settlement program
The New BP Oil Spill Settlement Program
Patrick Juneau is an Attorney out of Lafayette Louisiana, he seems uniquely qualified to head up the BP Oil Spill Settlement Program, that will be court supervised. He seems to be a man of honor and integrity, who will be making this the swan song of his career. He is 74 years old, he is very charismatic and has a swagger. Lynn Greer of Brown Greer will head up the transition from the GCCF to the new BP Oil Spill Settlement Program.
We at BPClaims.org are very excited at the strong possibility of a more fair, and more generous system under the leadership of Mr.Juneau. We will continue to evaluate his policies and the behaviors of the apparatus around him. We have only had one goal since this all began, and that was to see people get paid, and the environment to be made whole.
Whats new in the BP Oil Spill Settlement Program
The new program promises to be easier and more lucrative then the the GCCF. The BP Oil Spill Settlement Program will be addressing may of the issues where the GCCF fell short. High on that list include:
Sick People, mostly Oil Spill Clean Up Workers but also residents and people that worked along the shore area. There are varying degrees of illness and compensation associated with this. If someone just felt ill they get x, if you had fallen sick and had to go to a medi-tent you get y, if you had gotten sick and had to go to the hospital you get Z. Much of this is done with sworn statements and medical records.
Economic Loss for Business and Individuals, it seems as this will be calculated by industry and geographic area with a higher multiplier and future trending calculation formula, much more beneficial for the claimant. The BP Oil Spill Settlement Program will also rely less on causation and more on Industry and the reliance to the Gulf and proximity to the Spill.
Owners and Lease holders of property directly affected by the Oil, if there was oil on your land you will be compensated under the the new BP Oil Spill Settlement Program.
Looking at the Settlement at this point, it should be viewed as a living, evolving document that will continue to be modified in the months to come.
How Does the BP Oil Spill Settlement Program affect You.
If you have a claim in with the GCCF and have received a final offer you can receive 60 percent of that money immediately. If you are eligible under the BP Oil Spill Settlement Program you can receive the remaining 40% or wait a few months and receive what should be a much higher award. Until the new program is fully executed claimants under the transition to the BP Oil Spill Settlement Program will receive 60 percent of the money awarded. BP Claims that come in after the transition will be figured entirely under the new program.
The new BP Oil Spill Settlement Program is suppose to be streamlined and much more generous, we advocate for this program if clients choose not to litigate and want to be made whole. If you choose to litigate and that is understandable after the duress that many had to go through with the GCCF, we have attorneys that want to speak to you. If you choose to go through the new BP Settlement Program we have consultants and Attorneys that can guide you through it with fees starting at 15% for non Attorneys and 20% with an Attorney.
We can Help you through the New BP Oil Spill Settlement Program.